UNC Community Coordinator (Internship)
Who We Are:
Our company is headquartered in Chapel Hill. At our core, we’re a team of like-minded individuals working towards a common goal: bringing people together.
We’re a team of go-getters and overachievers who try to provide as much value as possible every day to those around us. We work hard because we genuinely love what we do. If you join us, we’ll give you the tools to achieve your own personal goals and help you grow as person on a daily basis.
BlipMe is looking for Fall 2018 Community Coordinators to join our team at UNC. We’re looking for smart, hard-working students who are interested in working closely with a rapidly growing startup. Community Coordinators will work directly with our co-founder and Community Managers to help strengthen the already established BlipMe community at UNC. BlipMe is currently only on iOS, so you must have access to an iPhone to be considered for this position.
This is an unpaid internship; therefore, it’s structured to help you learn business/life skills while positively impacting your UNC community.
As a BlipMe Intern, you are a student leader and campus influencer, and above all, the face of BlipMe at UNC.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Finding fun/interesting things happening on campus and sharing it with the BlipMe community
- Growing BlipMe on campus by spreading the word to other students
- Cultivating a stronger sense of community by moderating and engaging with others on BlipMe
- Working with a 2-3 person team to develop and execute a week-long promotion strategy on campus
- Participating in monthly check-ins to give guidance, review materials, discuss progress towards learning objectives and discuss applicable marketing/communication strategies
Our Vision of You:
- You are the pulse of what’s happening on campus and always have an answer for “What should we do today?”
- You’re a well-networked, outgoing and involved member of your campus community (clubs, etc.)
- You have an interest in technology, startups, and entrepreneurship
- You own an iPhone (BlipMe is currently only available on iOS)
What This Internship Will Give You:
- Project management skills, internal and external communications skills, start-up marketing strategies, social media marketing, exposure to numerous business communication platforms
- The ability to apply communications and marketing concepts to real-life applications within the mobile app industry.
- The opportunity to enhance skills in organization, general start-up practices, multi-tasking, and networking.
- Start-up experience that will look great on your resume!
Why You Will LOVE it:
- You’re in charge of your own schedule.
- Your campus is your office.
- You become known as the guy/gal who always knows what’s happening on campus
- You get to host awesome events on campus that sometimes include puppies and/or free pizza.
- You get free BlipMe swag.
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com with 1-2 paragraphs explaining why you’d make a great Community Coordinator. We usually get back to applicants within 5-7 days.