UNC Community Manager (Internship)
Who We Are:
Our company is headquartered in Chapel Hill. At our core, we’re a team of like-minded individuals working towards a common goal: to build a community of people working together to share and discover awesome stuff happening around them.
We’re a team of go-getters and overachievers who try to provide as much value as possible every day to those around us. We work hard because we genuinely love what we do. If you join us, we’ll give you the tools to achieve more than you ever thought possible and grow as person on a daily basis.
BlipMe is looking for Spring 2018 Community Manager Interns to join our team at UNC. We’re looking for smart, hard-working students who are interested in working closely with a rapidly growing startup. Community Managers will work directly with our co-founders and Community Director to help strengthen the already established BlipMe community at UNC. BlipMe is currently only on iOS, so you must have access to an iPhone if you want to join the squad.
As a BlipMe Intern, you are a student leader and campus influencer, and above all, the face of BlipMe at UNC.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Finding awesome/interesting stuff happening on campus and sharing it with the BlipMe community
- Growing BlipMe on campus by talking with other students
- Cultivating a stronger sense of community by moderating and engaging with others on BlipMe
- Weekly check-ins to give guidance, review materials, discuss progress towards learning objectives and discuss applicable marketing/communication strategies
Our Vision of You:
- You are the pulse of what’s happening on campus and always have an answer for “What should we do today?”
- You’re a well-networked, outgoing and involved member of your campus community (clubs, etc.)
- You have an interest in technology, startups, and entrepreneurship
- You own an iPhone (BlipMe is currently only available on iOS)
What This Internship Will Give You:
- Project management skills, internal and external communications skills, start-up marketing strategies, social media marketing, exposure to numerous business communication platforms
- The ability to apply communications and marketing concepts to real-life applications within the mobile app industry.
- The opportunity to enhance skills in organization, general start-up practices, multi-tasking, and networking.
- Start-up experience that will look great on your resume!
Why You Will LOVE it:
- You’re in charge of your own schedule.
- Your campus is your office.
- You become known as the guy/gal who always knows what’s happening on campus
- You get to host awesome events on campus that sometimes include puppies and/or free pizza.
- You get free BlipMe swag.
If interested, email your resume to email@example.com with 1-2 paragraphs explaining why you’d make a great Community Manager. We usually get back to applicants within 5-7 days.